Even in a smaller, specialist asset management environment without a huge staff complement, there exists a very busy planning schedule. Northstar has clients, staff, suppliers, shareholders and other related parties that seek interactions with our firm. Tanicha diligently ensures that this occurs effectively and efficiently. She is also very involved in guaranteeing that our clients are cared for in the manner which they are owing.
When did your interest in financial markets start?
- I became involved in financial services when I matriculated in 2015 and joined an advisor practice in KwaZulu-Natal.
- Although I intended studying architecture, I really enjoy acting in an organizational capacity at Northstar and being young, I am giving myself enough time before diving into a tertiary qualification that might prove an incorrect choice.
What did you study and why?
- I am presently busy with my bridging course and once completed will study finance.
What do you think equips you to do this job properly?
- I am organized.
- I understand what our Northstar clients need and how to direct questions to achieve high impact answers.
- I am hard working – I leave home at 6 am to get to our offices early to ensure I’m a steady hand in the busy lives of those at Northstar.
- I share the Northstar ethos that, at the centre of our world, is our client – this approach leaves little to doubt.
What do you love about investing?
- For me it’s very real, I often meet our clients in person, what is rewarding is knowing that their affairs are safe at Northstar.
- What do you find the most challenging part of your role?
- Our research team and portfolio managers are heavily involved in research and obsess about making our clients’ money. Our clients on the other hand do want to see the managers. Trying to balance those two forces is challenging for me.
Why do you think clients will do well at Northstar?
- I mentioned it above, we focus our energies on our clients and prioritize their interests above all else.
- Northstar offers a level of expertise that private individuals do not access easily, elsewhere. Our team manages the monies of individual clients but also institutional mandates – other institutional managers will not manage the affairs of an individual. Northstar provides institutional levels of expertise to individuals.